My name is Pat Brown and I am a co-owner of BrownKnowsPepo. For many years, I have been involved in helping seniors in the Rochester area. I worked as a project manager for Experience Works. It was a pilot program funded by the Department of Labor. The focus of that work was to find jobs for seniors.
During that time, I heard many wonderful stories, and I have often felt that these stories need to be preserved somehow. I only wish I had the stories from my own grandmother and grandfather. Thus; The idea of bringing an affordable way for seniors to document their wonderful life stories.
My name is Wayne Brown and I am a co-owner of BrownKnowsPepo. Even as a child, I loved to sit and listen to all of the stories told by my relatives during our family gatherings. When I reflect on those stories, I still marvel at what they experienced in their lifetimes.
The only thing that would make it better would be if I could see and hear them again when they tell their stories.
I can look at the pictures I have of them, but I can’t hear the love and emotions they displayed to all of us. To be able to see them move, smile and hear their voices would bring the living memories back.
In the process, of deciding who our focus clients would be, we realized that there are other stories that need to be told as well. That is why we are willing to entertain any ideas you may have for your stories.
We are members of the Rochester Chamber of Commerce and the local senior center. We are advocates for seniors and handicapped individuals.
• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us unless we obtain the consent of the individual, by a written and signed release form, or as required by law.
• We will retain personal information, for the sole purpose of making future copies of materials for the client. At any time, the client may request destruction of their personal information, in all its forms.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.